Wednesday, June 22, 2016

THE POWER RANGERS GATHER UNDER THE STARS IN A NEW POSTER



THE MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS were my jam when I was growing up. When it was announced that there would be a new reboot of the franchise, I was a little hesitant. After all, as much as I loved them, the show was pretty cornball. But my fears started to be alleviated when it was announced that Elizabeth Banks would be filling the nails of Rita Repulsa. And today, hot on the heels of yesterday's news that Heisenberg himself would be taking on the role of Zordon, we were treated to the poster below.



I full on LOVE this poster. It evokes a kind of Amblin-meets-Transformers aesthetic that I think could really work in selling me on this premise. For as skeptical as I once was, I believe a Power Rangers movie in 2017 could really work.

POWER RANGERS hits theaters on March 24th, 2017
Source: Lionsgate

No comments: